Our model comes from nearly fifteen years of experience running a supper resource that feeds thousands of hungry kids each weekday.
While there’s no “one size fits all” process for building your program, each of our 6 Pillars represents a critical component for success. Together, these pillars outline the relationships, resources, and systems needed to make a real, sustainable impact.
Need help figuring out where to begin? Our Step-By-Step Guide lays out how to put the right pieces in place as you move forward.
- It’s good policy to start small and stay small. Be calculated in everything you do.
- Have your six pillars firmly in place before taking on the next 100 kids.
- Volunteer management is the key to success.
- Food and funding are correlated – funding will come when you engage the volunteers.
- When people volunteer, try and mix people up as much as possible (ages, backgrounds, abilities). Giving different kinds of people an opportunity to interact builds community – and creates a better volunteer experience.